MENU

x

Facilities Committee Meeting Minutes: February 13, 2023

MEETING MINUTES HISTORIC ARCHIVE

Type

Year

 

MINUTES

Facilities Committee

Mad River Glen Cooperative

Monday, February 13, 2023

Attendance:  Britton Rogers, Carol Pierce, John Stetson, Linc Prescott, Mariah Moulton Riggs, Matt Lillard

 

The meeting was brought to order at 2:05 PM by Britton Rogers, Facilities Committee Chair.

———–

Approved January 16, 2023 minutes

  • Suggested corrections to the minutes: None noted
  • Motion to approve by Carol Pierce, seconded by Mariah Mouton Riggs. Minutes were approved.

 

Charter

  • Carol will provide a draft for review and comment by Britton and Mariah.

 

General Stark’s Pub

  • VIA has responded with a memo suggesting that the conceptual work be done on a time and material basis. A fee proposal will be prepared and submitted to the CoOp once the conceptual scope and estimated cost is determined.  The committee is in agreement with this approach with the following caveats:
    • The estimated fee and scope of work for the conceptual phase is as submitted previously.
    • Project goals will be presented at the Annual Meeting
    • Conceptual design and cost estimate will be presented at Green and Gold.
  • Funding is yet to be determined, but is assumed to be a combination of fundraising, use of reserve funds and borrowing.
  • Matt will contact ATC to request a proposal and schedule for a hazmat assessment for the Pub area.

 

Sunnyside Mid-Station

  • Work will likely occur in 2024, pending final approval, funding, etc.
  • Matt will provide a breakdown of the costs including a date when each of the associated maintenance and repair work would be required if not accomplished as part of the overall project.

 

Summer Projects – Tentative List

  • New roof on the Cricket Club.
  • Consider the structural integrity of the top shack on the Sunnyside Double.
  • Paint/stain/treat the exterior of the Stark’s Nest and the top shack on the Sunnyside Double.
  • Replace the top shack and midstation on the Single.
  • Finish the structural upgrades to the BaseBox roof due to the new roof insulation.

 

2:45 PM  –  Meeting adjourned by consensus.

 

Next Facilities Committee Meeting – March 13, at 2:00 PM.

 

Submitted by:  John Stetson