MENU

x

Facilities Committee Meeting Minutes; January 16, 2023

MEETING MINUTES HISTORIC ARCHIVE

Type

Year

 

MINUTES

Facilities Committee

Mad River Glen Cooperative

Monday, January 16, 2023

Attendance:  Bob Cook, Britton Rogers, Carol Pierce, John Stetson, Linc Prescott, Mariah Moulton Riggs, Matt Lillard, Peter Hourihan

 

The meeting was brought to order at 2:10 PM by Britton Rogers, Facilities Committee Chair.

———–

Approved December 12, 2022 minutes

  • Suggested corrections to the minutes: None noted
  • Motion to approve by Carol Pierce, seconded by Mariah Mouton Riggs. Minutes were approved.

 

Charter

  • No update

 

Sunnyside Mid-Station

  • No update

 

General Stark’s Pub

  • A Proposal was received from VIA.
  • The committee recommended moving ahead with the work by VIA. Matt will advise VIA, with the following comments or clarifications:
    • The committee expressed a concern that the hours in the fee proposal do not appear to align with the scope to be provided. Matt will confirm that VIA is confident that they are able to provide the required services.
    • There will be no formal presentation of conceptual design at the 2023 Annual Meeting. The first presentation would be at 2023 Green & Gold.
    • The first approval by shareholders would be at the 2024 Annual Meeting, if needed.
    • Although we will adhere to the proposed design schedule a date for starting construction has not been determined. Fundraising will be necessary.
    • MRG will proceed with a HazMat assessment during conceptual design. This work is not included in the proposal.  MRG will contract directly with ATC as they provided the assessment of the rest of the building during the BaseBox renovation project and are familiar with the building.
    • At this point we do not see a need for geotechnical engineering.
    • We will use the allowance, not included in the VIA fee proposal, for Civil Engineering.
    • All meetings with the State must be in-person and include a member of the committee.
  • The committee acknowledged that the proposed design team does not include mechanical or electrical engineering. This service is proposed to be done on a design-build basis.  VIA will define the systems sufficiently for conceptual pricing.  The committee will review options with VIA for procuring these services and the timing.

 

Other Discussion

  • Carol will prepare the committee board report. Matt noted that the minutes are not intended to be used as the board report.

 

3:15 PM  –  Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Facilities Committee Meeting – February 13, at 2:00 PM.

 

Submitted by:  John Stetson