MENU

x

Shareholder Relations Committee: June 3, 2003

MEETING MINUTES HISTORIC ARCHIVE

Type

Year

 





MAD RIVER GLEN COOPERATIVE

SHAREHOLDER RELATIONS COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

JUNE 3rd, 2003

 

A meeting of the Shareholder Relations Committee of the board of trustees of the Mad River Glen

Cooperative was convened at roughly 6:00 P.M. on June 3, 2003 at the Basebox at Mad River Glen Ski Area in Fayston, Vermont.

 

ATTENDEES

Rick Moulton (Chair) and committee members Robin Bleier, Bill Heinzerling, Mark Renson, Lu Putnam, Ave Haviland, Jane Bancroft, Andrew Snow. It was M. Renson’s 3rd meeting attendance in a year, hence he was formally made a member. Werner and Dolorita Gansz were guest Shareholder attendees. The latter were made aware of the “3 meetings in a calendar year in order to be full SRC members” policy.

 

CALL TO ORDER

R. Moulton called the meeting to order at roughly 6:15 p.m.

 

GKM (GRAND KEEPER OF THE MINUTES)

M. Renson drafted to record meeting; apparently, this is a rite of passage for new members.

 

JULY 4TH PARADE (WARREN)

Volunteers

Ÿ     S. McSweeney and kids volunteered to march in the parade

Ÿ     D. & W. Gansz volunteered to march in the parade

Ÿ     Woman in Colchester has a stash of American Revolution uniforms we could use (re: General Stark theme)

Ÿ     Target volunteers: Joe Koch, Alan Moats thought to be especially good candidates to be General Stark. Monk Bancroft, Steve Rennau were also suggested.

Ÿ     Listserve to be used to solicit volunteers and gear for the float/parade.

 

“Nuts & Bolts”

Ÿ     Retro clothed marchers dressed in ski clothing from the 1950’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s marching in chronological order. Gear and listing of prices of the era to be included. Possibility of a final sign stating “Skiing at MRG: Priceless” to be put at the end.

Ÿ     MRG truck with a Single Chair in the back to be used as the platform for the float; “General Stark” to sit in it.

Ÿ     Patrol Sled on wheels suggested.

Ÿ     A. Snow to follow up with Management for permission to use MRG facilities on July 1st to assemble float and ensure truck and Single chair are available.

Ÿ     July 1st SRC Meeting to be a “working” meeting to work on the float; meeting to commence at 5:00PM (note the earlier start relative to standard 6PM SRC meeting start time).

Ÿ     Many other details discussed.

 

Marketing

Ÿ     Share sales to be advertised.

Ÿ     July 5th BBQ to be advertised, including flyers and extra postcards from a Co-Op mailing.

Ÿ     Mention “Kids Ski for Free”

 

MRG BBQ (JULY 5th)

Tamar Gustaffson provided a list of issues to be addressed for the July 5th BBQ. This list was cited for professionalism and usefulness and is summarized as follows:

1.     Is there an interest in setting up some Family Fun Competition/Races? (L. Putnam to research and address this)

2.     Set Up & Support Crew — 4 volunteers from 3-7PM at intermittent times (R. Moulton, D./W. Gansz to address and volunteer).

3.     Clean Up Crew — 4 volunteers from 8-9:30PM

4.     First Aid

5.     Kids Activities — 4 volunteers 4-7PM

 

Additionally, the SRC determined that volunteers are needed for Ticket sales/Shareholder Pin sales/Share sales/ The idea of a MRG Golf Shirts was discussed, Lu Putnam mentioned that she could have them ready to go. Authorization would be needed from the Board for a MRG Golf Shirt. Since there is no authorization from the board Lu was going to see what Jamie thought. Since any extra shirts could also be sold at Green & Gold weekend and any left over from this latter event to be sold via the Ski Shop.

 

T. Gustaffson to get a live band, get the Pub open for a cash bar, and Melody for some kids shows.

 

NEW TRAIL NAME

W. Heinzerling suggesting naming “Callies Corner” “The Mouse”. We disapproved and fed him rat poison over that.

 

COMMUNICATIONS

Echo

Ÿ     R. Bleier felt that an “Introduction” of the new Co-Op President (A. Moats) and the other Officers should have been included in the latest Echo.

 

Suggestion Box

Ÿ     R Bleier suggested better awareness be made to the Co-Op regarding the existence and usage of the Suggestion Box system.

Ÿ     R Bleier again called us all to account as the Suggestion Box is suppose to have a summary report made on a regular basis

 

Employee Feedback

Ÿ     M Renson suggested augmenting the present Communications framework with a “Shareholder to Employee” channel. This would be an “atta’ boy” system which would provide positive feedback to Management from Shareholders regarding positive efforts made by MRG employees.

 

NEXT MEETING DATE

The next committee date was set for July 1, 2003 at 5:00PM (NOTE: earlier time) in the Snow Cat Garage This is to be a “working meeting” to assemble the float/prepare for July 4th Weekend activities.

 

 

ADJOURNMENT

The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:00 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted, Mark Renson