View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
New Website -- Refreshing 

Post New Website -- Refreshing
The new website has a nice clean look. Great pics and nice links to social media. Easier to navigate too.

Great face lift. Thanks to all involved.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:01 am

Post Re: New Website -- Refreshing
Glad you like it Jim, thanks to Co-op shareholder Wes Wright who worked tirelessly on the website make over. It would be great if shareholders would please let me know if you ever see any problems, funky things, etc.... or if you have any comments or suggestions. I am sure there will be some loose ends that will need some tidying up. The website is a constant work in progress so do let me know what you's like to see different as we move forward. Next on the hit parade will be to move .coop, the shareholder site to the new skin - stay tuned!

Eric

Eric Friedman
Marketing Director

[url]Mad River Glen[/url]
PO Box 1089
62 Mad River Resort Road
Waitsfield, VT 05673

Phone: (802) 496-3551 extension: 111
Email: eric@madriverglen.com

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:16 am

Awesome! New site looks great. I like how much of the content on the front page is dynamic and shows the user what is going on very quickly.

The snow conditions page seems like the formatting is off somewhat. Mad River Today is a very narrow column with a lot of white space in the center of the page. General Conditions and the trail table begin halfway down the page below the white space. Maybe a div incorrectly tagged?

Links on the Magic Hat logos on the Weather page are not working.

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 am
Profile YIM WWW

Yes, kudos on the refresh. Looks great - very clean. A few comments:

- personally I'm not a fan of big images with no functionality atop a website home page, but I've learned not to lose sleep over it. It does require the user to scroll down to see fresh content on the home page, which is easy enough from a full-sized computer but a bit more of a drag on a handheld. That said, the links right up top to the conditions and weather pages are good for the mobile user, even if they require a second click to see the desired info. And the big home page images undoubtedly are stoke-inducing ...

- excellent integration of social media in the What's New page.

- also like the new Pub blog - though if you click the link to full-size image of the 55" it appears the TV was mounted sideways ;-)

- not seeing the formatting issue riv reports - either it's been fixed or it's a browser thing (I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 at the moment).

I appreciate the hard work that obviously went into this.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW

One smallish request would be to restore the time of day that the status report on the homepage is updated. The old homepage had this. Often it's obvious when there's been a late-morning or afternoon update, but not always. When you say the flakes are flying, it can be useful to know if that was at 6 a.m. or 11 a.m. or 5 p.m. ...

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

yup a date/time samp of latest report is possible and its a good idea, I'll add it to the list for summer upgrades. We discussed it early on in the redesign and there was a reason we opted to ding it. I don't recall what it is right now to be perfectly honest. My experience this year on "changeable" days especially suggests that adding it back in would be helpful for skiers. Thanks for the suggestion, keep 'em coming this is when we get our plans in place for next season and it would be great to get feedback for the Co-op Shareholders. DOn't forget that the redesign of http://www.madriverlgen.coop will also be happening this off-season so let us know your thoughts on that site too.

Eric

Eric Friedman
Marketing Director

[url]Mad River Glen[/url]
PO Box 1089
62 Mad River Resort Road
Waitsfield, VT 05673

Phone: (802) 496-3551 extension: 111
Email: eric@madriverglen.com

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]