View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Mad River Glen is open!! 

Post Mad River Glen is open!!
I went to Blueberry Lake Cross Country Ski Center today, and Leonard, the owner, as well as his employee were surprised to hear that Mad River opened on Friday. If that is any indication of the public's awareness of this fact, we need to sound the horn all over the place and get them to come and ski. :D
Vivian

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Post Re: Mad River Glen is open!!
Folks, we've enjoyed the skiing, the days we hiked up and the days we've been since opening. But I'm curious whether the buzz which used to be created among shareholders from the email list serve has lost it's ability to motivate out of towners...if you're like me you don't check in this shareholder portion very often (not like once/day email postings). Anyway, hope everyone can come enjoy our mt soon!!!
Holly (& Terry) Stadtler

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 pm

i finally figured out how to get on this thing. it certainly is not as user friendly as the old list. We have to actively seek it out rather than get messages in our email when they come out. I do see how some people might like it to remain in the background, they check and post when they feel like it, but I've looked through all of what has been posted, and it seems like we're getting maybe 20% of the usage that the old listserve generated. I must say I miss the active back and forth which sometimes came out of the list, it brought people together, and was far more personal. If there was a way to alert people whenever a new post came out, if that's what the person wanted, it would be a big improvement. one of my posts on the old listserve was handed to President Obama 72 hours after it was posted...something like that will probably not happen with a service like this. I do understand the need to upgrade, and that newer is better to some people...but the old adage "if it aint broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here.....now if we had put in a double chair, lost of snow making, and allowed snowboarders, well then maybe.....
my 2 cents from Basrah Iraq...

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:57 pm

It has been a great season, despite the slow start. Any idea when the mountain may close for the season? I really want to get back for a least one spring day, but have some immediate conflicts.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am

Hi Deb - Thanks for your interest in our Cooperative!

Please note the below post from Eric Friedman on a similar topic via another thread on the Forum, pasted below:

- Lars

""
Eric Friedman
Re: Closing 2011...

Greetings Shareholders,

The plan is that we will remain open with the Single and Sunnyside Double through April 10th at least. From there on out it will be skier traffic and weather dependent. At this point in the season it is really difficult to plan too far in advance. We will keep the mountain going as long as we have snow and skier interest. Stay tuned as we will keep you posted as things develop.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]