View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ski it When You Can 

Post Ski it When You Can
I know the management line is we going to be open till April 11th then see how the snow is. But the rumble on the street is key management "have had enough and want to go on vacation" Which has happened often in the past. This is not what I signed up for.

The tipping point to become a share holder!

Back in the day when Sugarbush was all about the bottom line only and when Betsy was working on turning over the rains over to Mad River to become a Coop, there was a typical major thaw. Mad River was down to dirt in a lot of places. The MT closed. but then ~2 weeks later we got one of those 2+ foot mid-April snow storms. She re-opened for the weekend. Which lead to a great weekend of skiing. I remember thinking to myself. What a great attitude. I want to be part of thank kind of thinking. I bought a share soon after.

With some of the best depths in years. I did not sign up for an organization that is only fiscally minded. I bought into a MT that would follow Betsy's practice and be open when there is enough snow to ski. Go on vacation in the summer.

Be Open till the snow goes! Which may be up to May.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 am

Post Re: Ski it When You Can
yes, open till we need klister to get through the mud!!! but why didn't i know this was even posted??? keep the shareholders informed...please. the listserve would have sent this post to all of us who cared. if y'all in management are going to fix someting that wasn't broke. then please make it better!!!

shm

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Post Re: Ski it When You Can
Interesting points. It's surprising to not see any input / information here about the decision process to help the general coop community better understand the status and options we had.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 am

Post Re: Ski it When You Can - FOR STEVE MAC
Steve, if you did not see the post, it means you are either

1) Not subscribed to the "on the mountain" forum
2) Not subscribed to the topic at hand
3) Did not look at a previous post in this topic

If you send me your user name and Pw again with a copy of this (do not post on the Forum), to ghall05674@gmail.com, I will check. As I said before, I thought I got you subscribed to everything but may have missed one.

Please look at the above carefully and maybe you can sort it so that you can fix it if it occurs again.

Let me know if I can help

geordie

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]