View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Great to have bar and repair shop open even without lifts 

Post Great to have bar and repair shop open even without lifts
It's great to be able to enjoy a beer and some food at the General Stark Pub even if the lifts aren't spinning. A good reward after earning turns or just checking out the mountain.

Having boots fit by David Reed at the repair shop before the season kicks in is great too.

Hope we get upside surprise out of the weather system we're enduring today.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Post Re: Great to have bar and repair shop open even without lift
it is truly unfortunate that no one knows you posted this, unless they go look. I preferred a system whereby every time someone posted something, i got it. I could read it, or not. now I have to go look for things posts etc. and there is NO WAY anyone can say that this new forum generates the "spirited" debates that the list sere allowed.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:50 pm

smacken wrote:
it is truly unfortunate that no one knows you posted this, unless they go look. I preferred a system whereby every time someone posted something, i got it. I could read it, or not. now I have to go look for things posts etc. and there is NO WAY anyone can say that this new forum generates the "spirited" debates that the list sere allowed.

We get it already. You don't like the forum. No need to post off topic on almost every thread on the forum about it. And it seems like you knew this new message was posted just fine. Also seems like you have started a spirited debate of your own...

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

NO, I knew nothing of the post. I just decided to visit the forum because I haven't been here in a couple of months. Unless you check every time something is posted, you do not get notifications, miss one post, and you are out of the loop. you are right, I do not like it, and feel very disconnected. with the list serve, everything came to me, and I could decide what to look at or not. that is a big difference.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 am

Hi everybody,

I am with Smaken. This forum has never been as good a vehicle to debate issues and get information to and from Co-Op members on issues, new information, events, volunteers, etc. in a timely manner. I decided to check the program because I haven't done it for a while. What has happened to the e-mails we were supposed to get notifying us that a new post has been done?

Because there is not much snow so far this year, I would think we would want to get messages out on the various services we offer when the lifts are not running to our members pronto.

This forum does not do it for me either.

Irma Heeter

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]