View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Nice forum 

Post Nice forum
After successfully logging I just want to express my thanks to Eric as it appears this is a a good upgrade to our Co-ops communications.
Thanks

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Nice forum
Glad you like the forum Rick, I hope that we get great usage from it. I am sure that we will all figure out all its features over time. It is great to see old photos posted already, that is the kind of thing I was really hoping for.

FYI, so far we have 85 folks on the forum. Not bad for one email heads up. Please help get the word out to your shareholder friends to get on the forum so we can maximize the members of our community on this forum. I will be sure to get the word out to the Co-op vis social media, email updates and print materials going forward but the best way to get folks involved is via good old fashioned word of mouth so please do help spread the word.

So you are all aware we had about 400 on the listserv at the end. However I know that many of those emails were out of date (another disadvantage to the listserv) so the number was likely a bit smaller and had in fact been in a bit of a decline. I don't think it will be too long before we surpass the listserv participation.

Thanks for the supprt everyone and now that summer is officially over lets all start to.....

THINK SNOW!!!!

Eric

Eric Friedman
Marketing Director

Mad River Glen
PO Box 1089
Waitsfield, VT 05673
Phone: (802) 496-3551 extension: 111
Email: eric@madriverglen.com

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 am

Eric, thanks for moving to a forum format. Much better for tracking conversations about different topics. Summer isn't *quite* officially over until the Autumn Solstice... Green & Gold weekend *really* signals fall though! BTW, I'm VTSkier because that's my "handle" on all the forums I belong to. Dave Stein here...

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am

2 replies, the numbers speak for themselves...remember the old Mac computer commercial, where everyone in an office has a computer on their desks, yet they are lining up to use the one Mac which is in a conference room, and the boss says "I don't care about megabits ram or processor speed, the most powerful computer is the one people use!" usage of this service is down 80% from the old listserve. I hope there is a way to bring back the good parts of it, yet be current...i want to know when someone posts...right away, so I can respond, or not...give us something that works...remember the shareholders OWN this mountain. its ours. we should have a voice and way to stay connected. the way this is set up, i doubt anyone will even read this post!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 pm

smacken wrote:
2 replies, the numbers speak for themselves...remember the old Mac computer commercial, where everyone in an office has a computer on their desks, yet they are lining up to use the one Mac which is in a conference room, and the boss says "I don't care about megabits ram or processor speed, the most powerful computer is the one people use!" usage of this service is down 80% from the old listserve. I hope there is a way to bring back the good parts of it, yet be current...i want to know when someone posts...right away, so I can respond, or not...give us something that works...remember the shareholders OWN this mountain. its ours. we should have a voice and way to stay connected. the way this is set up, i doubt anyone will even read this post!

So... what you are saying after five posts is that you don't like the new forum? :mrgreen:

There are ways to be notified by email when posts are added. First, you can subscribe to threads: faq.php#f8r1 -- you only need to subscribe to the threads you want to follow up on. That way, when a topic digresses out of control, everyone doesn't receive updates they don't want to read. You can also use RSS to monitor the forum as well. Many email clients can incorporate RSS feeds if you don't have a preferred reader.

The best thing to do is bookmark the New Posts link (search.php?search_id=newposts) in your web browser and just check the new post bookmark daily. Only takes one click once it is book marked.

One of the reasons I think there are limited post counts is the forum lacks visibility. I have already made the suggestion that the forum be given better visibility, especially on the MRG page. It is currently linked from the main page of the Coop site... I suspect most folks don't check that part of the web site very frequently.

Once folks start posting controversial topics here like was done on the listserv, I think post counts here will light up the board.

At least there is no more spam. :mrgreen:

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hu? subscribe to what? how? hell i wouldn't have known you responded but for the fact that i looked...300 members on the old list...128 on this one...32 total posts...lame!!!!!
i don't come to the sight regularly...but the listserve, well that put the topics right to me.. I got them. again, numbers speak louder than words...this is 80% less effective than the listserve. i ask that it be brought back.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]