View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
new forum 

Post Re: new forum
It would appear, for me, that painting a building is much easier than learning a new way to communicate. I intend to figure it out, however, and I really appreciate all the encouragement. Patience is a virtue I'm still working on. The MRG community is the best!!
Vivian

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:24 pm
Site Admin

starkmtn wrote:
Lee et al.,
It seems to me that private messaging is disabled, at least for the time being.

Liz Godwin

I double checked this, private messaging is in fact enabled as the out of the box default setting. So it, in theory, should work, not sure of the issue. I will experiment a bit. Please let me know if any of you folks have any questions. I am learning this along with you so have patience with me.

THINK SNOW!!!!

Eric

Eric Friedman
Marketing Director

Mad River Glen
PO Box 1089
Waitsfield, VT 05673

Phone: (802) 496-3551 extension: 111
Email: eric@madriverglen.com

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 am

office wrote:
I double checked this, private messaging is in fact enabled as the out of the box default setting. So it, in theory, should work, not sure of the issue. I will experiment a bit.

Based on the language used in the CP, it seems like users must reach a minimum number of posts prior to that function being activated for the user. Perhaps as a spam reduction device? I have never used a forum requiring a minimum post count prior to activating PMs but then again, I haven't been a new user on a phpBB in a long time.

If this is indeed the case, I will keep posting until I can PM someone which will indicate what the minimum post count is. :mrgreen:

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Unrelated, the limits on avatar pictures are pretty strict at 90x90 (100x100 is the standard from my experience) and the size of the file is set really low as well. Not too big of a deal, would be nice if that could be bumped just ever so slightly.

TheSnowWay.com

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW

riverc0il wrote:
Based on the language used in the CP, it seems like users must reach a minimum number of posts prior to that function being activated for the user. Perhaps as a spam reduction device? I have never used a forum requiring a minimum post count prior to activating PMs but then again, I haven't been a new user on a phpBB in a long time.

If this is indeed the case, I will keep posting until I can PM someone which will indicate what the minimum post count is. :mrgreen:

PMs now work for me. I have 3 posts (prior to this one) and I registered 3 days ago. Not sure if it post minimum or days since registration minimum. Any ways, works for me now.

TheSnowWay.com

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Just posting a photo of our newly restored base box for those who haven't been up to see it.

Great job Fritz & Vivian and all their volunteers as well as the mountain crews.

The place looks great!!!

Harley

Attachments:
File comment: Freshly painted basebox
basebox1.jpg
basebox1.jpg [ 148.97 KiB | Viewed 4321 times ]
Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 pm

^^^^ looks pretty lousy ... without say 3' of fresh pow on it ;-)

Awesome work by all involved. Wish I wasn't 3 hours away so I could have done my part.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 am
Profile WWW

I think it looks fantastic! Kudos to all involved, especially Vivian & Fritz!!!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:40 am

Greetings MRG Forum folks;

At the Green & Gold shareholder forum folks mentioned that they were unaware that they could be notified via email of updates to the forum. All you need to do is visit the forum at http://www.madriverglen.com/skiforums/ and then in the upper right, just above the posted topics, click “subscibe”. Let me know if you have any questions about the forum or anything else for that matter. take care and.....

Eric

Eric Friedman
Marketing Director

[url]Mad River Glen[/url]
PO Box 1089
62 Mad River Resort Road
Waitsfield, VT 05673

Phone: (802) 496-3551 extension: 111
Email: eric@madriverglen.com

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 am

since the inception of this new forum, there have been a grand total of 28 posts. we used to get that in a day on the old listserve. once again, the owners of MRG are stifled by management.
we deserve better. be it intentional or unintentional, this new forum has pretty much ended the debates and discussions which are the cornerstone of a healthy cooperative. i hope someone notices this post...my guess is that i am writing to a great void...please prove me wrong, push management to rework this to be more inclusive, something that brings people in, not something that is complicated, difficult to access, and no one even knows if you post something unless they look! 28 posts since inception...the numbers speak for themselves...

shm
basrah, iraq

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next