View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Starks Pub 

Post Starks Pub
What happened to http://www.starkspub.com? I assume it was not an "official" MRG channel. Looks like the domain expired and it got snapped up by an interior decorator bot/network thing.

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Starks Pub
Thanks for the question about the starkspub.com URL Mr. Rivercoil,

For those who are unaware that url was a pub specific website/blog that was set up by an individual that was helping out our F&B manager a few seasons back. It was linked from madriverglen.com for about two seasons I believe. despite the fact that it was pretty cool - I consciously cut the link before last season and let that url fade away for a several reasons. They include a desire to prioritize and maximize the resources of our marketing effort, the need to have someone responsible for regular updates and for search engine optimization purposes (SEO).

I would very much like to see a reincarnation of a General Stark's Pub webpage and more importantly a blog and it is an idea that is very much in our collective thinking. When we do go that route it will cetainly fall under the auspices of the madriverglen.com domain for SEO reasons so I wasn't too concerned about losing that particular domain name.

Thanks for the question and don't hesitate to ask anything you were wondering about. Glad to share insights into the methods behind our madness. :twisted:

Hope to see everyone up on the mountain for one of our foliage weekends - http://www.madriverglen.com/fall02.html

THINK SNOW!!!

Mad River Glen - Marketing Director
eric@madriverglen.com
(802) 496-3551 ext. 111

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 am

Post Re: Starks Pub
Mr Rivercoil,

Thanks so much for your question about the Stark Pub blog. For those unaware there was a website/blog specifically for the pub that we linked to for a couple of years. The blog was created and managed by a volunteer. I cut the link from our website prior to last season for a number of reasons including the need to ensure it was updated accurately, the allocation of limited marketing resources to make it worthwhile and issues involving search engine optimization (SEO). I am considering a revival of it as it is a good idea and potentially valuable to the promotion of General Starks Pub both in-season and throughout the year. If/when it returns it will come back under the auspices of madriverglen.com (again for SEO purposes) and that is why I wasn't concerned about letting that domain lapse.

Thanks for your interest and please don't hesitate to ask anything else about the "method to our madness".
Hope to see you all at one of our fall foliage weekends - http://www.madriverglen.com/fall02.html
Take care and....

THINK SNOW!!!

Eric

Mad River Glen - Marketing Director
eric@madriverglen.com
(802) 496-3551 ext. 111

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]